Young Jazz Musician Award 2017 Finalists
The Musicians’ Company is pleased to announce the finalists of its Young Jazz Musician Award 2017 competition. These are: James Copus (trumpet), Shirley Tetteh (guitar), Lluis Mather (saxophone), Will Barry (piano), Tim Thornton (bass) and Femi Koleoso (drums).
The finalists were chosen from amongst 80 nominations received from leading jazz performers and teachers from British conservatoires.
The winner of the Award will be decided on the evening of Sunday 22 October 2017 at the PizzaExpress Jazz Club (Soho), following an audience vote. Join us for what promises to be a great evening featuring jazz classics and new compositions.
For all media enquiries contact:
Ian Roberts A Star PR
Tel +44 (0) 208 859 4846
Tel + 44 (0) 7971 191 582
- For over 500 years The Musicians’ Company has supported the music profession in all its forms.
- Every year the Company gives a range of awards, scholarships and medals, which make a real difference to the lives of outstanding young singers, composers and instrumentalists as they make the transition from study to a professional career in music.
- The Young Jazz Musician Award has been administered by the Musicians’ Company since 1992. Previous winners include Tina May, Tim Garland, Andy Panayi and Emma Smith.
- Other awards range from classical music to jazz, music theatre, popular music, brass bands and the Military Schools of Music.
- Each year The Musicians’ Company, one of the oldest and most respected charitable companies in the City of London, donates over £220,000 in scholarships and awards in support of young musicians at the start of their careers across all musical disciplines. If you would like to learn more about the Company, join us at our events or support our Yeomen, please visit our website, www.wcom.org.uk or contact Hugh Lloyd, at firstname.lastname@example.org.